Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Monday, October 3, 2016

Earthquake Pangasinan - magnitude 5.7

Yesterday @ 9.40 PM I experienced for the first time an earthquake, since I am living in the Philippines (2010).

I was working in my office on my computer, when I felt the chair was shaking a bit and the wine in my glass was moving as well.

It was only a few seconds, but anyway I shut off the computer and went downstairs to my family, just in case there would be some more and stronger quakes to come. At the epicenter the magnitude was measured as 5.7. We are living at a distance of ca. 80 kms from the epicenter, the blue spot on the map.

My wife didn't feel anything as she was busy doing something in the bedroom. After a couple of minutes she confirmed that there was a message in facebook about the quake.

Anyway I am insured for damage from an earthquake, just in case. There are not so many private people insured I learned from my insurance company.

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *