Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Monday, March 14, 2016

Our Kalachuchi or Plumeria or Frangipani plants are flowering now

Frequent readers of this blog know that in april 2014 we elevated our compound as to make it level with the house, swimming pool and bodega, and to become our future garden, see this post.

One of the plants that we planted that year, especially around the swimming pool, look like dead wooden sticks.

We got them from friends, and you just stick them into the ground. I was skeptical if it would work, but since this week and for the first time, they started flowering, despite the very dry weather this early 2016. We almost didn't give them water at all.

Courtesy Wikipedia
Having done some research I concluded that it must be the "frangipani" or "plumeria", according to this Frangipani website. There is a lot of information on this site about this flower and plant, pictures and names in different countries, etc.. In the Philippines the flower is called the "kalachuchi" and not the "sampaguita" the national Philippines flower, as was my first thought.

So if there are Filipino readers who recognize this, or believe that I am wrong, don't hesitate to add a comment or send me an email via this blog site.

View some more recent pictures below.





Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *