Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Monday, December 8, 2014

Typhoon 1422: HAGUPIT (Int) or RUBY (Ph)

Courtesy GMANetwork.com, see Reuters' comment 

Comment to this photo:

Strong winds and waves brought by Typhoon Ruby (Hagupit) pound the seawall in Legazpi City, Albay, on December 7. The powerful typhoon tore through the Visayas on Sunday, bringing howling winds that toppled trees and power and cut off communications in areas where thousands were killed by a massive storm just over a year ago. Reuters


You might think why this post about typhoon Hagupit (Ruby is the local name) is published so late. Well there are several reasons.

Firstly I had my family here in the Philippines for a couple of weeks while this typhoon developed and I promised them not to write any posts at all in this period.

Secondly the typhoon's track is such that we will have no or minimal impact in our province Pangasinan.

My policy was/is to write a typhoon blog only when we (will) have impact in our province. For this reason typhoon Queeny (international name Sinlaku), which made landfall in Mindanao island is not in my typhoon posts for 2014.



Next year I will change my policy, such that all typhoons having severe impact on the Philippines landmass or make landfall, will be mentioned in a post. I also will use the official typhoon numbers, as issued by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) and retroactively change the titles of my typhoon posts for 2014, accordingly.

Should there be any impact for the province of Pangasinan the coming days, then I will make an update to this post. Here is the latest track forecast:
Tropical Cyclone Track at 11:00 HKT 08 December 2014
Courtesy Hong Kong Observatory

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *