Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Restaurant - "Dagupeña", Calasiao

Rating ❶ ❷ ❸ ❹ out of


Early this month of March, I invited my wife to dine in one of the famous restaurants in Dagupan, called Dagupeña, as we have never been there before

Actually the restaurant is located in Calasiao and not in Dagupan, next to the new Robinsons mall.The restaurant was there already before they built the mall.

I was aware of their high profile which they advertised via their website. However, now I can't find the site anymore. But see TripAdvisor for more details and comments of other visitors.




My findings are that it is an above average restaurant, service was okay and enough staff, they even have wine, but we didn't try it.

Comfort room was clean, I didn't check the kitchen.

The menu is typical Filipino style food, although some call it Asian style food, a bit more than average different items on the menu. Especially their boneless bangus is famous, as they prepare it in different styles, like Thai, Japanese and many more.

The price was acceptable, not more expensive than in other above average restaurants.

As I am not a fish/bangus lover, I tried the Australian lamb chop. First time I saw lamb on the menu in the Philippines. Cooking style was okay, but the chop was a bit thin.

The entourage was similar as what you usually see in this type of restaurants, heavy wooden chairs and tables and a similar architecture of the roof, old tiles on the floor, so not a modern unattractive clean and straight architecture as you find in most modern mall restaurants these days.

(note: below rating has been added 11/14/2015)


Rating

  1. Service: 4
  2. Menu: 5
  3. Prices, value for money: 4
  4. Food: 4
  5. Plates and Cutlery: 4
  6. Bathroom cleanliness: 5
  7. Site: 4
  8. Parking: 5
  9. Easy to find: 5
  10. Specials (aircon/fan dining room); 5

So overall it was good, but not as good as I had expected. Adding up all our impressions and experiences, I would give it an average rating of 4 out of 5 for this restaurant.

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *