Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Flat Tire


Last Wednesday 1/9/13 we went to Urdaneta for ordering an air-con for one of our guestrooms, the one my mother is using when she is here.

Only 500 meters from home we heard a repeating sound in the backside of the car. I stopped the car and checked outside. It was a flat tire. Now I realized why the people we passed by were looking at: I drove from my house already with a flat tire until here.

Luckily I had all my tools and hydraulic jack in the car. Within 5 minutes I had more than 10 boys around the car, wanting to see what was going on and how I fixed the problem. It took me 10-15 minutes to replace the flat tire wheel with the spare. As I was full of sweat and had dirty hands, we decided to go back home, change shirt and wash my hands.

With a delay of 30 minutes we headed again to Urdaneta and my first stop was at the tire center Starman Enterprises Inc. next to CSI on Manila North Road, the road to Villasis.



They have a clean workshop and an air-conditioned customer waiting room, including fresh water and soft-drinks for free. So my mother and asawa went into the waiting room and I was watching the technicians and waiting for the repair of my tire. After 15 minutes they started to check the tire to find the hole. There was no need for a tire replacement as the hole was tiny and the tire was not demolished, despite riding 500 meters with the flat tire.

The operations manager was a pretty lady who touched my arm every time she was speaking to me. She was really interested in me as a foreigner, but noticed that I was married already. Later she came to me with her girl friend/employee asking me if I had a brother, as she was looking for a foreigner. I couldn't help them.

After 20 minutes the tire was repaired and I got the order slip, I had to pay 120 pesos, or 2.3 euro!!!


Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *