Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ikea



Most people know Ikea.

If not, it is a well-known company, originally from Sweden, producing modern furniture. Since this year  headquarters in the Netherlands. It has outlets, large furniture malls, in all regions of the world, but not in the Philippines.

However, I found last week some Ikea products in the largest mall in Dagupan, CSI Lucao. See the two pictures.

I have always wondered why. My first thought was that it had to do with the tropical environment and wood fiendish insects, but that cannot be the reason, as there are Ikea's in Singapore and Thailand as well.





So I guess it has to do with the wealth level of the country, since other relatively poor countries like Indonesia and Vietnam also have no Ikea malls.

The concept of Ikea is unique and I love it, as they have made logistics so easy and cheap. The buyer of a product has to organize his own transport for delivery at home and next he has to install/assemble the product as well himself.

Imagine what savings it brings to Ikea. If he is not wiling or able to do it, Ikea will do it at extra charges.

Although my kitchen will not be from Ikea, I used Ikea's kitchen design tool to design my own clean kitchen, and will build it myself shortly. See also my post about our dirty kitchen.














Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *