Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Monday, May 28, 2012

Vintage Classic Car Show Dagupan


A while ago we had to go to the SSS (Social Security System) in Dagupan A.B. Fernandez Boulevard east to deliver a form of the SVB (Social Insurance Bank) called a "Life Certificate" for my state pension called AOW. The SSS authorizes the certificate for the SVB, so they check whether I am alive, as well as my wife. This is to prevent the SVB will pay pensions to dead people, like what happened in Greece for many years.

We wanted to park our car opposite of SSS, on the car park of a small shopping center.

I was really amazed to see that they were unloading and positioning classic cars. Amazed because Filipino like everything new, so a show with old classic cars is not something I would expect to see in the Philippines. As I found out later, the show was part of the famous Dagupan Bangus festival, and organised by the Pangasinan based NorthStar Vintage Motor Club.

On display are a Ford Fairlane 500, Comet 202, 1968 Plymouth, Datsun 2407, Fiat, Volkwagon Beatle and more.

See some more pictures follow below.











Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *