Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Monday, May 16, 2011

Flores de Mayo


Yesterday, Sunday, I was driving from a shopping mall in Dagupan to my house in Sta. Barbara and encountered on the highway a procession in barangay Tuliao.

I parked on the road shoulder and made the below pictures.

Later my sister in law told me that this is done in many cities / barangays as a celebration of the new season, the season of flowers (of May) called "Flores de Mayo". It is like we have in the Netherlands, called "Bloemen corso", but I haven't seen a lot of flowers, but lovely girls and women in nice dresses.

See the pictures bellow...



Of course a cross in front, this is Philippines!


Little girls first ...

... some more and then ...

... the women ...

... and more and more ..

... finally the ....

... Queen herself, even with some flowers.
.

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *