Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Friday, October 30, 2009

Farewell Bangkok


Tonight is my farewell party organised by my host company and customer. It was splendid, many friends, good food and drinks and a continuous show of dancers and singers in "German Brewery Ramintra Branch". Thanks a lot.

Below are my last farewell emails. I might add responses later in comments, but will do it anonymous.

To my customer,


Today October 30st is my last day working for the program within my company, but mainly working with and for you as customer employees in Asia Pacific, in Bangkok and Cabuyao and on occasion on other sites as well.


It was a great pleasure for me to work in the program, in different roles in APAC the past year, with many ups and downs, and many new contacts. I learned a lot of you for which I am very grateful.


I wish you all a lot of success the coming weeks and months to complete your individual targets for this program and hope you enjoyed it likewise.
As you may know, I will move on now to pickup my next project in The Netherlands, until my retirement early next year. By the I hope to permanently relocate to the Philippines. At arrival a new large private project is waiting already for me, so even then no dull moment for me.

To complete the Bangkok project, my project assistant and team manager, will continue as project lead.

A special word of thanks goes to Tom, who was my main APAC customer contact and counterpart the last year. We had many discussions, and although we didn't agree always, we respected each others business background and different targets. Tom thanks for your support and private moments we had after business.


To my guest company,

Today October 30st is my last day working for the program, but mainly working with you and for the customer in Asia Pacific, in Bangkok and Cabuyao and on occasion on other sites as well.



It was a great pleasure for me to work in the DC sourcing program, in different roles in APAC the past year, with many ups and downs, and many new contacts. I learned a lot of you for which I am very grateful. Unfortunately I did not take the opportunity to explore your beautifull country further than Bangkok, perhaps during my next visit.


I wish you all a lot of success the coming weeks and months to complete your individual targets for this program and hope you enjoyed it likewise.
As you may know, I will move on now to pickup my next project in The Netherlands, until my retirement early next year. By then I hope to permanently relocate to the Philippines. At arrival a new large private project is waiting already for me, so even then no dull moment for me.

To complete the Bangkok deployment project, Lek who worked as my project assistant and team leader the last 3 months, will continue as project lead, supported by Peter, who did the Nijmegen and Kaohsiung deployments. I am sure Lek and Peter will make it a success, Lek good luck.

A special word of thanks goes to the management team and HR department for their help with my visa and work permit, housing and office services. I will never forget the hospitality and many occassions when we had a lunch or dinner together with foreign guests organised by Steven or Chaiyut. The same goes for the time we spent in Europe, first Nijmegen, Plasmolen, Malden, the several trips we made in the Netherlands and later with some of you even in Switzerland.
Steven, Chaiyut, Rama, Prasert, Lek and many, many others, thank you very much for this wonderfull time.


Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *