Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Thanpuying apartment


Almost a year ago, since september 2008, I am living in the Thanpuying Suites building. For me it is really an excellent environment to relax. It is quiet, not many guests, sufficient facilities, clean, a small swimming pool and last but not least in the middle of north Bangkok, but it gives me the feeling of the country side.

It is only 5 minutes walk to the main road (soi 54) in this area and again 10 minutes to the Ngam Wong Wam, opposite of Kasetsart university and close to the Vibhavadi hospital. The area is called Chatu Chak.

Since I am here I have had a room on the 8th floor, 11th and 12th. This year I am on the 12th floor. It is a one bed room style apartment, okay for me alone. Last year I had a 2 bed room type, as I expected some visitors. That one had a better view than this one.

Last year I lived here with my wife, until february 2009. We went back to Europe for a month, then she decided to stay, as the apartment was not her favourite, she likes more the Hong Kong style of living. That is you go down from your apartment and ... wow an awfull lot of people walking around, shopping, walking to the office, always busy and cheap, the paradise she called it.

My paradise is here, quiet, relaxing. Before there was as well a small restaurant near the pool on level 5, but since the number of guests is gone down, maybe it has to do with the economic crisis, they fired the cooking maid and closed the restaurant.


If I want to go to the office, sometimes I work at home, I go down and one of the guards jumps on the motorbike and gets me a taxi. It is without traffic jams half an our by taxi, 100 Baht. From here to the mall, Mall Ngam Wong Wam or Central Plaza in Lad Prao, is 15 minutes by taxi, or 60-70 Baht. I usually go in the weekend to do some shopping. For daily shopping I go to the Tops supermarket, 7-Eleven or the market at the corner of Pahon Yotin.

Should you need an apartment in Bangkok, check out this website.


Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *