Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kanin Club - Laguna, Sta. Rosa


It is almost the end of my visit to the Philippines today.
Tomorrow, Friday, I will go to my family in-law, north Luzon. It will be a trip of 5 to 6 hours by bus, so I decided to leave here from the hotel at 11 am. On Sunday I will fly back to Thailand, so again 5-6 hours, but I will ask my brother in law to bring me to the airport with our car, a van that we bought early this year.

Just because it is the last day with the IT team on the plant, I have invited them for a lunch meal in a Filipino restaurant in Sta. Rosa. It is called the Kanin Club. My Tagalog language knowledge is very limited, but I believe Kanin is a brand of rice, perhaps it has more meanings, if so let me know by posting a comment.

Let me introduce the team, from left to right around the table:
Jhay, Lolo, Dennis, Tetet, Ida, Nonie, James.

The restaurant is usually very busy during lunch time. You have to book or be in before 12 am. Business people are coming for lunch from many places, as the business population in the direct environment is not too large as it seems.


There are many more restaurants and some shops, but I haven't seen big offices or housing buildings, although there are many buildings under construction. It seems this place is build on the future expectations for much more business and many sub-divisions to be populated with Pilipino's who can afford it and perhaps foreigners.

Indeed there are so many sub-divisions in this area, but I don't see many houses, which they need to be make it a self supporting (financially) business. I think I better continue to develop my own housing plans in Luzon north, same landscape, close to the sea as well, but not so many business expectations, which drives up the prices for lots and building projects.



Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *