Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Biking

Biking exercise in a park in Malden, Netherlands
Copy of my personal email today to my wife, after a long phone call.

Hello darling,
I am very proud that you can really bike now. You are getting a real Dutch woman. Please make sure you are not getting too much Dutch, because then we have a reversed cultural potential conflict.
It is good that you keep trying and get experience, even if you are sometimes a bit nervous or fall down. You know, if you don't fall while learning to bike, you will never be able to bike relaxed. Everyone is nervous in the beginning and will fall down, that is normal.
When we are together again (I hope it will be soon) we can enjoy together, whether it is in the Netherlands, in Thailand or in the Philippines, it doesn't matter, biking is really nice to do and good for your (and of course my) body.

And as you experience now, biking is for short distances faster than the bus. If you go through the forest or along the canals or river, you can see much more than by car. That is why Dutch people like to bike in Bangkok. You see so much more, you will not see otherwise.

I love you, your spouse, asawa, echtgenoot.

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *