Quote

“I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.”
― Lucille Ball

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Who is LOLO?


You may wonder who is LOLO. Well the answer is simple, I am Lolo.
Lolo is the word used in the Philippines for grandfather or "opa" in Dutch.

To be honest, I am not really a Lolo yet, as my children have no children, but in the Philippines when you are at my age, they call you Lolo, nevermind the number of grandchildren you have, even if zero. It is more related to your age than to your family status.

I like the word Lolo as it looks like LOL and that has to do with "laughing out loud" or "love on love". My definition is: "Live Our Life Ontime " so before you die.

Now I see your next question already:

"What the hell has the Philippines to do with it, because you are in Thailand, are you?"

Okay, I am right now in Thailand, but my Filipina wife is in Europe and our Filipino family relatives are in the Philippines, that's why my reference is now the Philippines.

Hope this gives you some background info on where I am coming from, my relations and what you can expect, given the family bonds and geographical relations.

Printfriendly

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *